As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tears for God

1 When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed.
2 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."
3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
4 Restore our fortunes, O LORD, like streams in the Negev.
5 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.
6 He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.

Psalm 126

"流 淚 撒 種 的 , 必 歡 呼 收 割 !那 帶 種 流 淚 出 去 的 , 必 要 歡 歡 樂 樂 地 帶 禾 捆 回 來 !"
The Lord has redeemed me with His blood in 1987, one year after I came to the States. A lot has happened since then... I've been held captive because of my own choosing... and now, the Lord has brought me back to Him. It really felt like I am in a dream. Just like what this Psalm said.

This morning during the prayer meeting, I was weeping. I was not sad, I was grateful, joyous, and understood the heart of God - how long He had waited for me, held out His hand, and tried so much to cheer my heart even though I was rejecting the possibility of being happy for so long. So very, very long...

Through it All (by Hillsong)

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with your hand
And lead me in your righteousness
And I look to you
And I wait on you

Chorus
I'll sing to You Lord a hymn of love
For your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You never let me go through it all

The second part of verse 6 talks about going out to sow the seed in tears. As I finished reading the book "Before 30" I suddenly realized more of God's heart toward the souls that are yet to be saved. We are to cry for them, shed tears for their soul, as we bring God's word and share His salvation to them.

I will not, therefore, feel shame to shed tears.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song by Hillsong 2, and guess wat, there's a song written based from Psalm 126!!! Lately I actually have been thinking about this song... possily will be sang one day in Sunday service!

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Donald said...

That's wonderful!

I first heard the Chinese version of this song at Newlife in Irvine where my long time friend Kent and his family was leading worship right before they were sent for short long term mission.

I only remembered that I couldn't open my eyes because my tears were dropping like a waterfall.

Definitely looking forward to the year ahead.

4:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home