As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Finished configuring!

Finally, I've finished configuring the Cisco Catalyst 3750G. This was supposed to be my little weekend project (from last Friday to this Tuesday while at work) to play with the CLI of Cisco and make sure that it will work with the system I set up in the company lab using a Foundry as the core. As expected, my weekend plans on reading up on this came to a complete failure as... well, I need to have some fin and rest. Hahaha.

I still remember that the first time I get to play around with a router of this class... it took me one week to understand PIM and Multicast. From what others told me, that's really fast... but I was under the pressure of a deadline. Another few days to look at the different routing protocols... and then, after a few weeks, to finally get to configure VLAN and inter-VLAN routing. This time, on a complete different router, it took me about 4 hours.

The key to get this done quickly: know exactly the protocols and applications the network requires, map out the ports, IP addresses, subnets, priorities... etc. Look up the commands from Cisco, have a working network running the protocols and applications, and connect the router on the Gig port to see if it works or not. Luckily, it did.

I feel happy. Now I'm ready to return this loaner to my customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home