As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Will I live as I've tried in the past?

Today, I was flattered to be asked to take the leading role in serving the Daniel fellowship with the service of worship. I was amazed at first, and then all the past thoughts and experiences came rushing through my head... the different styles, the songs, the ways to sing, ways to play the guitar, frustrations, triumphs, the music, the drums, the worship nights, SOP, SOWer, singing to harmonize, studio recording, song writing attempts... and then, all of a sudden, I came to a screeching halt. The people that were working with me just packed up and leave... actually, I'm not sure if I was the first to pack or not.

I definitely needed prayer. I've serve in the same role... many times before since 1988. God had seemed to bestow upon me certain talents in music... while the meeting went on and we moved on to address other concerns, my head was thinking about what will I do... this time around.

God has given me another chance to serve him. Despite my past weakness, my lack of ability, my insistence... I wonder if I will be using what I knew from before, or will I be able to start anew. Using a heart that's untainted. Passion unextinquished. Love unmarked.. Sometimes I'm envious of the new Christians that we were so blessed to have recently. I wish that my flame can re-ignite. That it can burn without being hindered...

And everything starts again... now, with prayer

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

加油喔 Doland

其實人生真的很難說
我之前也剛剛經歷很辛苦的感受
也許 從很多地方看起來都很開心
可是 事實上 真是浴到很多挫折
我不是一個願意順服上帝帶領 很容易的那種人

甄的不是

我一直呼求上帝說 到底要我怎樣
我一直不願意說 我需要幫助
........
埃....的非常多的感受

加油喔 Doland
阿 我的手機換了
408-931-2856

11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don my bro~God has given you the talent in music nevertheless-so don't doubt His love to you for even one micro-second! Every Christian will undergo a sleep-walk period where they feel somewhat lost and uncertain of what's up ahead. That's why we must not stop coming to the fellowship where we can share with each other, learn from each other, and love one another like real family. I'm sure God has called upon you to root in VOH and Daniel so that your flame of passion may re-ignite! "End of the Spear, end of doubts." Remember?

-God Bless-
Andy

10:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it lah~
add oil bro~

Andy

11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home