As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Lord, Help me not to grow complacent...

Mark 13:32-37

32
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

35"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' "

------------------
Lord, I thank you for everything that you've given me. I don't deserve any of them but you are gracious to me. All the people, the support, the attention, the growth... they are unprecedented. Oh Lord, DO NOT let me drop my guard when things are going well. Guard my heart, Lord, and let me be alert. Let me be mindful of the fact that being friend with the world is being enemy with you. You've called me to be set apart for you. And I will follow. I will strife. I will work out my salvation with fear and trembling.

When I feel weak and grow increasingly complacent of my surroundings, Lord, show your kindness to me so that this does not become a snare for me. I will give you your due glory and acknowledgment. For it is you who gives and take away. As I go back to Taiwan in 2 days, I ask that you will remind me with your Word so that I will stay alert and prayerful. Cover me with your blood, my eyes, my heart, my soul from any and all thoughts and images. How I need you now more than ever.

You have shown me goodness and faithfulness. You've said that you, my teacher, will be hidden no more. And that your voice will guide my steps. How I thank you, Lord, for the privilege to be taught by you and to hear your voice to tell me "this is the path, walk in it." It took that many years... forgive my doubts... I am so thankful...

Teach me your ways, Lord. Thank you. Let me know you and experience you in new ways each fleeting moment.

In Jesus' name.

Amen.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Donald said...

Hello, wings of life. Will you reveal yourself?

Thanks for visiting my blog.

1:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're only back to Tw for 2 days?

3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonono, in 2 days, not for 2 days.

^^

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home