As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Thank you, Sydney, for inviting me to your church's Chinese New Year special potlock and celebration. This is so much better than my Christmas special experience in Taiwan. I was so pleasantly surprised and it was so good to finally see you again!

Gu Zen, being played by two very young girls. Alice and Elizabeth Li.
Special Chinese dance: Mulan, but Crystal Lin. She is really talented!!
And this is Sydney. Wow, what a dazzling smile! Did I mention that I LOVE purple?
This is Rex and Pastor Wang from VOH.
And the place is packed tonight!
Rex and me.
The Chino Hills Community Church Choir.
And this is VOH's Elisha youth fellowship. The program wrapper with modern dance.
Hehehe... I'm actually happy beyond belief here. Taking picure with the 2 most beautiful girls on earth. Ruth and Sydney. Thank you!!


Saturday 01-28-2006

New Year's Eve dinner at my mom's.
This is the new 42" LCD HDTV that they bought... the picture quality is almost like you're right there.
See... it's so fine and real... wow.

Friday 01-27-2006

Class 302 Taiwanese Restaurant.

The food is ok. doesn't match the price...



Wednesday 01-25-2006

Stressed? Come and try this Stress Relief Kit. Guranteed to work if you followed the instruction correctly and truthfully.
We finally came up with resolutions, next tasks, and answered all the concerns that the city had.
This is Ray with the proposed resolution plan.
And... back to Ontario, CA. Feels like a very long trip.


Tuesday 01-24-2006

I woke up at 7am (5am Pacific time, yikes!) after only a few hours of sleep last night. The goal today is to resolve any network issues that the city has and then I can perhaps enjoy my stay here afterward. It turned out that I stayed at the customer's site for more than 12 hours (didn't leave until after 8:15pm) and we still didn't resolve the issues. Fortunately, I had the pleasure working with some professional people.

This is Jeff, the Cisco Guru. I was working with him on configuring the Cisco 4507 to work with my switches. He drove down from Kansas City.
And this is Ray, he came all the way from Houson... still a lot closer than where I came from. Ray's job is to come up with the IP schemes and implement them for the city.

Monday 01-23-2006

Today is my first out of State business trip of 2006. Final destination: Olathe, KS. For those of you who don't know where that is... it's 45 minutes south of Kansas City. And if you don't know where Kansas City is...? Well, sorry, can't help you. Everything was prebooked more than 2 weeks ago. And almost everything was prepaid too... except for the car rental. And because of that... not prepaid... I couldn't get a rental car when I got to Kansas. Apparently there was a Wal Mart Convention taking place in Kansas City and has brought 30,000 people to town.. so people were fighting for rental cars.

Below are some pictures in the interim:
I changed planes at Denvor, CO. Denver is the Mile High City (altitude, ok?) that is known for thin air and Tornados. I had to take a metro train to my transfer gate and it is built underground for the purpose of avoiding tornados.



As you can see... they didn't want to have any upstanding structure in the airport at all... not even bunkers. And the restroom here can be used for Tornado shelters.

After a long and unusual ordeal... I finally got a mini-van as a rental and got to my hotel in Olathe, KS at close to 11pm. I have to wake up at 7am tomorrow... so tired... and I really needed to talk to someone...

I mean, it's ok for me to travel and solve issues. But I need support instead of cristicism and condemnation from my boss. This is pretty straight forward, right? After the rental car incident, it's a bad feeling to take me into bed... and wait... I have to check my e-mails first.






Sunday 01-22-2006:

This morning I went to New Song Church with William and George (who came up from San Diego last night and crashed at my place). This was a blessing filled Sunday service and the style is much more closer to what I'm used to.

Oh, for those of you who don't know... I used to go to Harvest Rock on Sundays for almost 2 years before I stopped for a while and resumed at VOH. This is quiet a change from the scenes and colors of Taipei. And it is a welcomed one in my life. The pastor wore jeans and encouraged us with his real life testimonial. I loved it! God, you're wonderful and gracious. May this year be a blessed and renewing year of myself in you.

This is their worship . The worship leader actually resembles Jennifer Love Hewitt.
After the service, I rushed to eat lunch with my family at a Korean BBQ and Hot Pot Combo restaurant in Diamond Bar. This is really, really good. If you've haven't had it, this restuarant is at the intersection of Golden Springs and Lemon.



And of course, we took a picture of the birthday people... me and my kid sister Peggy. Our birthdays are only 10 days apart and today is her actual birthday. Mine was 10 days ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home