As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Thursday, January 12, 2006

01-08-06, The End of the Taiwan trip, KTV no. 6, The city of Taipei... you will be sorely missed...

This is a recollection of last week:

Today is the last day of my vacation in Taiwan. I didn't get home until 7am this morning. The streets of Taipei is so empty... well, okok, this is Sunday morning... hahaha. People are still getting to work. I took the metro back and there were still some people. So how should I spend the last day here in Taipei, Taiwan? Hopefully, I can meet up with my old friends. I think that's enough of me to ask for, right? Well, surprises are at every corner...
This is the view from my father's place at 7am in Taipei.

After a brief rest, I got up and met with Mei-Lin and her bf. Uny also stopped by. I was overwhelemed... hehehe.... they actually have things that they want me to bring back to the US. But I was really happy to see them on my last day here.

I had a good conversation with Emily in regard to the opportunities here in Taipei. I'm beginning to think I might even live comfortably here.

After we said our good byes, I finally met up with Sherry. And we head to Cashbox to get our fix on the unrealized KTV appointment last Friday night.

There were only two of us... but we sang for 3 hours straight. Can you believe that? If we had more time, I'm sure we'll sing even longer. But unfortuately, I have to get back and pack.

On the way back, I called Jonathan, who have eluded me through this entire vacation. Take care at Geil. I might see you soon, my friend.
This is the street where my father's place is on. Lots has changed in the past 20 years.

My father has gone to the distance to get me the best sliced pork in the world. Thank you so much, my dear father. I will try to come back to spend more time with you soon.

As we got ready, we took off for the airport. I later learned that Amy was trying to get a hold of us because she wanted to see us off at the airport. To me, it was the heart and the thought that really counted.



As a surprise, I made a friend on the airplane. This is Minko, she has been studying at UCLA for a little over a year on her Masters... in EE!! Wow...


And here we are. LAX. I slept through most of the flight. It was just a little longer than 11 hours in the air. But it took more than an hour to get our luggage. Taiwan, you will be sorely missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home