As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Thursday, January 12, 2006

01-07-06, the last night out in Taiwan. The best night out in Taiwan...

This is a recollection of last week:

Tonight is the last night that I'll spend in Taiwan. And it's the last chance to catch up on old friends. The past two weeks have been filled with so much activity. I've never had partied so hard in my entire life. And I guess I got my fix... I was wondering, what could be better?

I remembered that the last time I came back to Taiwan 2 years ago, I was looking so desperately for connections, decent conversations, relaxing atmospheres, and good companion. It didn't happen 2 years ago. I was trying to hang on to a known ending relationship, tried to find meaning in the midst of all the busy people, and tried to tell myself that it's ok... since I'm back to where I felt I left my heart. The result was sadness and disappointment.

So what happened this time? The past two weeks were filled with the many colors of night in Taipei and Taichung. Did I find satisfaction? Sure. Was it what I was looking for? ... not really sure. It was certainly fun, yet something was missing.

Thankfully, on the last night in Taiwan, I was able to spend it with my closest friends, Ben and Amy. Later on, Daniel also came, he's been a great buddy throughout the past two weeks. Each one of us came with different stories... and each one is just as touching and real. This is life connecting with one another... this IS the best night in Taiwan.
We started late today... had to rest and run some last minute errands. I spent some time with my grandma earlier, and then met up with Ben and Amy just across the street from where my grandma lives for the sugarcane shabu shabu. Amy and I both went to Ren Ai Elementary school, and we also happened to see another Ren Ai graduate sitting across our table

After dinner, we walked across the street for some coffee. This feels like life in the States even though we're located in Taiwan. A relaxing sip of coffee after a good dinner with amazing friends. How can life get better?


"Ah, what kind of colors does a rainbow make, what kind of song does it sing..."

We can let go completely and allow our inner child to come out and play:
Ben's milk mustache
Amy's birthday was on the 5th. We didn't get a chance to celebrate that with her on the actual date. So this is a belated birthday cake. See how funny she is?
... and the cake was delicious. Thanks to Ben. He took a cab to find the bakery that has probably the best cake. Now remember, Ben's Chinese is very poor...
The pic to remember...
Amy at the street corner of Guan Fu Nang Lu and Shin Yi Lu. With Taipei 101 in the background.

After the relaxing coffee and cake, we moved to a lounge bar called "The Villa." This is Amy's most frequent lounge. She even has her own chair and bartender named "Kenny."

It's like she's saying "I will miss you guys" with her eyes. Amy, Ben and I most certainly feel the same...
"Two Vodka Limes and one Lamborghini, and I'll go home and sleep." I decided to drink whatever Amy usually drinks.
Unknowingly... I have never drank this much before in my life

The "Lambos"
"light it up on fire"
"Drink fast, otherwise, the glass will crack!"
"Ok, I'm done... and I'm spent..." I was trying so hard to stay consicious and alert. I can literally feel my responses and reaction slowing down. Fortunately, I was with good companies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home