As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Walking the walk

It's been one week since I came back from Taiwan. I feel that time really flies over here... what I meant is; it goes by without me savoring every moment. The 2 and 1/2 week vacation was the time when I decided that I should really play and hold nothing back. So I guess I made every minute count. I miss the night life, the food, the people, the walking, the metro... and the low cost on almost everything that is Taiwan.

I lost about 6 lbs from this trip. And I ate a lot of food while I was there. Isn't that a piece of heaven? Eat a lot, and lose weight, right? So for my birthday weekend, I decided to replicate some of the environments of my experience in Taiwan...

There's nothing that comes close... all the food here tastes kind of bad and way over priced. The waitresses are rude. Yet people wait in line for overpriced food that tastes terrible. All for what? So that they can replicate that nostalgic feeling of being in the homeland of Taiwan.

For me to replicate that feeling, I began to think about what I do everyday... yes, I began by walking to the east side of Taipei from my father's place. And I ordered some appetizers from some street vendors, I walk some more, eat some more... And so I decided that I should try walking at least an hour everyday. Surprisingly, it's a very calming experience...

So for the past three days, I've been walking for close to 2 hours everyday at 24 hour fitness. I know what you're gonna say... but there's nothing to see here as I walk. And it's odd to walk on the streets here where no one else is walking.

Here I am... walking the walk, in rememberance of some of my experiences in Taiwan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home