As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dinner at Bongos at Downtown Disney World


Today went by faster than yesterday and it is usually the case as the second day for most shows is the busiest. And my boss was so busy that he didn't eat breakfast and lunch... (and I ate both, what a rarety) so we would have our post-show meeting/dinner earlier this evening.

That was the plan.

The 4 of us took off from our hotel right at 6pm to go to the House of Blues. I'm not really familiar with Orlando (last time I was here, I got lost trying to find decent restaurants for dinner) so I was glad that I don't have to drive. One of my colleagues from TX was driving and the other colleage (also from TX... they are both white and tall... must be all the steaks they've had in their lives) was navigating.

We were lost.

Couldn't find the right freeway entrance. And the traffic was a bit congested... so it took us about 20 minutes to finally get on the freeway (missing the entrance ramp too).

Oh cool, I began to recognize the scenary a little bit... I stayed at the Disney Resort for 4 days last summer for another show and it looks like we're going toward Disney world. After seeing the sign that said "Disney World" at the exit ramp, I was like... oh, ya, I remember this place. We were about only 7 miles away from it. And there was a sign that stated that "House of Blue" was ahead.

We were lost again.

I took a nap.

ok, we finally got there... and it was right at Downtown Disney. My colleague told me that even if I stayed here for a month, I would not have see everything there.... well, it is Disney "World, " so that made sense. This is like the perfect time to go to Disney World in Orlando. The wind was soothing, the sun was setting, and I can hear the blues playing and someone singing the blues as we creep toward our destination in perfectly suspended motion.

After all, we all need to relax tonight after a busy day.

There's a water tower that says "House of Blues" right next to the actual restaurant. It gave us a classic feel as we feel that we're stepping into another world.

"Ok, there's a line." I said. "That's a sure sign that the food is good."
And one of us has really good eyes... "hey, it's a private party..."

Oh~~~ Great...

ok, it's almost 7:30.

We can see the Blues Brothers going in and hear the guitar jamming away in such an enjoyable tune. Sighs.... now... only blue.

Wondering where we should go from here, we decided to go to the next best thing within walking distance.

Then there's the Cuban restaurant called Bongos Cuban Cafe. Well, looked very nice and there's a line too... we got seated and the power went out...

... at this time, we're all thinking maybe we should all just go back to the hotel area and settle for one of those less interesting restaurants. Fortunately, the power went back on after 5 minutes and we were able to finally relax and enjoy the evening.

The food was ok for me. I guess everyone was really hungry and they thought the food was great.... well, maybe I'm just too picky...

Below are two pics that I took with my cell phone. Sorry, I have to shop for a digital camera... when I get back.

This is the "Peabody" hotel. Which is right across from the convention center. I've heard that there are ducklings in the main lobby. Maybe I'll go in to take a look and verify that.
This is the pic I took after dinner at Downtown Disney.
Sorry for the bad resolution. Blame the cell phone, ok?

A time to relax... I came back to the hotel and began listening to Nora Jones. A way to get my own fix on missing the blues tonight... replaced with jazzy and relaxing music.

Here's a good and relaxing song:


"Sunrise"

Sunrise, sunrise
Looks like mornin' in your eyes
But the clocks held 9:15 for hours
Sunrise, sunrise
Couldn't tempt us if it tried
'Cause the afternoon's already come and gone

And I said hoo...
To you

Surprise, surprise
Couldn't find it in your eyes
But I'm sure it's written all over my face
Surprise, surprise
Never something I could hide
When I see we made it through another day

And I said hoo...
To you

Now good night
Throw its cover down
On me again
Ooh and if I'm right
It's the only way
To bring me back

Hoo...
To you
Hoo...

Please take care, my friends. Thanks for those who shared your care with me... May God bring about the sunrise in you and me in times where we can encourage each other.

1 Comments:

Blogger laurie01 said...

This blog is indeed cool. The topic chosen is very nice. But I would suggest that you could include entertainment videos regarding on how to play bongos. That would be cool!

11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home