As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Post-Meeting thoughts...



The Family Keeper's Reunion came and went leaving memories of fun times, stirring up hearts of passion, fastening the frienships formed, and giving hints to the new hopes that I'm sure some of us aspire to. At times, I wonder how a ministry is formed, and how it will survive. We all work very hard, but at the end of the day, what will determine if this ministry of hardworkers will last?

"Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." Psalm 127:1

It is my ernest prayer that I keep my focus. So many times in the past have I steered away from God.... and all the hard work were truly in vain, for I have not seen myself getting more mature except becoming more proud. What talent do I really have, sometimes, I wonder? Everything that I have is from the Lord. And yet through the years, I discovered that I became more self centered and even found reasons to justify it. The Lord knows my heart... it was my imaturity that caused me to be proud and become self centered. All were driven by my eagerness for other's recognition, attention, and love... because I guess I lack them coming from a broken family. So oftentimes I found myself missing direction... why? because the focus is blurred...

and it hindered me from moving as fast as I wanted.
The good: I don't have to travel back as far to get back on the right track.
The Bad: I need to start over from the beginning of the detour.
And the Ugly: Inevitably, time had passed and is not recoverable.

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

"O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Then you will defile your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, "Away with you!"'

Isaiah 30: 18~22

I look forward to hearing God's voice in my ears one day. And how wonderful a sound that will be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home