As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Sunday, March 19, 2006

My own mix of drinks...

And I thought to myself... how come I didn't do this earlier in my life? And my friends tell me... As long as you have the heart for it. It's never too late.... and... It would be a cool side job for the weekends.

Remember the Flaming Lamborghini that I had at the Villa in Taipei (check my blog entry on 1-8-06) that nearly knocked me out? Well, that kind of opened something in my heart. I began to develop interest in various mixed drinks. While some people drink to get drunk, I am more of a drink to be fun amongst good friends type of guy. Since it's always much more costly to drink at a lounge and the bartenders don't always mix the drinks the way I expected them to... (every drink is inherently different. And even more different between bars and bartenders). I began experiementing with different mix drinks with a small investment in the liquors and examin various recipes. So here are some of the experiements:

1. Flaming Lamborghini: The Strong version
On the left in the wine glass: 1 shot of Sambuca + 1/2 oz of Bacardi 151; in the middle in the Martini glass: 2 shots of Kahlua + 1 shot of Irish Cream; On the right in the shot glass: Blue Curacao
Lighting up the Sambuca and 151 on fire and then pour down in the Martini glass, let it burn for 10 seconds. The burning enhances the flavor. Pour down the shot of Blue Curacao to extinguish the flame and use a thick heavy duty straw to drink everything in one go.

You'll taste something similar to fried chocalate ice cream and a hint of orange peel (Blue Curacao) as a sweetener.

The drink is also supposed to get you smashed in 10 minutes. Well, did it? Wanna try? ^^ Btw, a version like this would cost over $20 if you drink it at a bar or a lounge.

2. Mai Tai
This is the non-blended version. See the varying colors in the glass? From the bottom: Light Rum, Amerretto (Almond Liquor), Triple Sec, Sweet and sour mix, Pineapple juice, and a thin layer of Dark Rum on the top. This is to be drank with a large straw, unstirred. So tastes from the bottom continues to change as you finish the drink. Pretty cool. Supposedly, this is also garnished with a slice of Pineapple to make it look more exotic.

3. Pina Colada
2 part Malibu Coconut Rum, 2 part pineapple juice, 1 part cream/milk. Blended with crushed ice until smooth. Always a nice and refreshing drink. This is mixed by Glenn, btw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home