As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Another song: Do you love me?


Thanks to Amy for sharing this song with me. This is a song called 妳愛我嗎 by 范逸臣 again. The lyrics speak of a couple whose relationship is going through the turmoil of doubt due to the lack of communication and commitment with obvious unbalanced affection toward each other. Well, that's at least my take on it. I'm sure everyone sees love and relationship dynamics differently.
I think it's hard enough to find someone whom I can fall in love with and at the same time to have the girl sharing the same level of affection for me. So why not talk about the issues that concern us, why not be more patient to listen to each other and gain understanding? Since being together and finding love is so difficult, why not embrace each other's differences? Feel like yelling these things... If I could find the one who would love me just as much as I love her, I would not hesitate to give her all of my heart, all of my love, and share my life with her til we both grow old.

A lot of times we take so many things for granted. Not knowing merely a simple thank you or an intent nod would actually solve a lot of conflicts before they even begin. Looking back, I've always been the one who was more certain of my love in my past relationships. And so I would find myself in a more unsecure role... simply because the girl I loved did not love me as much as I loved her. Are there any good girls out there?

妳愛我嗎
作詞:夏木 作曲:陳小霞 編曲:江建民/蔡庭貴
 
我的手握著方向盤 眼神停留在陌生的前方
週末夜晚擁擠的路上 我們能不能走到山頂上
妳就坐在我的身旁 為什麼心卻生活在他方
周圍夜色 如此的迷亂 沉默中聽見不安的試探
 
妳愛我嗎 我可以這樣問妳嗎
妳愛我嗎 妳給我的溫柔是寂寞嗎
妳愛我嗎 妳心裡還有遺憾嗎
妳是真的愛我嗎
 
城市裡燈火正輝煌 我們的未來在什麼地方
週末夜晚天空正閃亮 幸福是不是還握在手上
妳就靠在我的肩膀 為什麼心卻沉沒在遠方
窗外天空 依然還溫暖 嘆息中發現不只是不安

妳愛我嗎 我可以這樣問妳嗎
妳愛我嗎 妳給我的溫柔是寂寞嗎
妳愛我嗎 妳心裡還有遺憾嗎
妳是真的快樂嗎

妳愛我嗎 妳這樣問過自已嗎
妳愛我嗎 妳給我的擁抱是習慣嗎
妳愛我嗎 妳的心裡還是唯一嗎
妳愛我嗎 你是真的愛我嗎

Translation:

Holding the steering wheel, my eyes stare into the strange scenary ahead. In the midst of the congested weekend traffic, can we simply take a walk to the top of the mountain?
You're just sitting next to me, but why is your heart living elsewhere?
The nightview around us is so luring yet distracting. In the midst of the silence, I heard and responded to the un-nerving need to ask:

Do you love me? Do you mind if I ask you this question?
Do you love me? Is solitude the only tenderness you can offer?
Do you love me? Does your heart have lingering regrets?
Do you really love me?

Watching the glamourous lights and the elegant flames of the city, I wonder about possible destinations of our future ?
The night sky this weekend is filled with sparkling stars. Does that mean that our happiness is still within our grasp?
You lean your head against my shoulder, but why is your heart buried in a distant land?
The warmth of the sky is just separated outside the car window. I sighed... and realized... I am bothered more than an unsettling heart.

Do you love me? Do you mind if I ask you this question?
Do you love me? Is solitude the only tenderness you can offer?
Do you love me? Does your heart have lingering regrets?
Do you really love me?

Do you love me? Have you ever asked yourself this question?
Do you love me? Is your embrace for me just your habit?
Do you love me? Am I still the only one in your heart?
Do you love me? Do you truly love me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home