As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Monday, September 05, 2005

Battle Field 2

Andy came over to borrow some tools to drill an intake opening for his PC case this afternoon (before the movie) and I fixed his Microsoft Genuine Windows Authentification issue (after the movie). I've always had issues with the BF2 server as it was very laggy even with very low pings. So I have not been playing this game online ever since I got it two months ago. Well, I have not played it at all, to be exact.

So today was Andy's perfect opportunity to show me that there was nothing wrong with the server by using his computer to get some demonstrated online play and that I would have no excuse to join him to kill all the baddies and villains in the cyber world (I placed the blame on the server and my ISP for not getting connected to the stable servers). Well, no lag and perfectly smooth game play... ok, I got the point. So it must have been my computer set up or hardware. Wouldn't you know it... it was the wireless card. Since I got one of those Fry's $10 specials. It was ironic how that I'm a network guy with a uber cheap wireless card. I tried everything there is to try except changing the hardware NIC... well, this is always the last bottleneck. So I guess I'll be shopping for a new wireless NIC tomorrow.

I better remember to exercise discipline... since I usually get pretty addicted to games... hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home