As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Monday, January 08, 2007

A New year, new hope, new standard

Psalm 75

1 We give thanks to you, O God,
we give thanks, for your Name is near;
men tell of your wonderful deeds.

2 You say, "I choose the appointed time;
it is I who judge uprightly.

3 When the earth and all its people quake,
it is I who hold its pillars firm.
Selah

4 To the arrogant I say, 'Boast no more,'
and to the wicked, 'Do not lift up your horns.

5 Do not lift your horns against heaven;
do not speak with outstretched neck.' "

6 No one from the east or the west
or from the desert can exalt a man.

7 But it is God who judges:
He brings one down, he exalts another.

8 In the hand of the LORD is a cup
full of foaming wine mixed with spices;
he pours it out, and all the wicked of the earth
drink it down to its very dregs.

9 As for me, I will declare this forever;
I will sing praise to the God of Jacob.

10 I will cut off the horns of all the wicked,
but the horns of the righteous will be lifted up.
-----------------------------------------
Lord, indeed you have an appointed time. I submit under your judgment. May you uphold my heart to make it steadfast so that I do not waiver nor fret knowing that you have prepared for me. Let me learn of your mercy at night and your steadfast love in the morning. This year I will know you more. I want to know you more. And my heart is steadfast after you.

I went to Banciao today to see if I can experience the HSR (High Speed Rail). After almost an hour of waiting to get tickets, the ones I want were sold 0ut. Being that I have to get to the airport today on my flight back to the US, I decided that I will try it next time to eliminate the possibility of missing my flight.

I was a bit sad earlier. And now I feel better. This year, God will show me and teach me on how to harness my passion toward everything appropriately. I used to have a heart for all that I want to do but often lost in direction. The result is lots of bruises and hurts. Lord, I want to give you this heart... so that you can do what you want with it. In all honesty, I am scared. But at the same time, I know I will never be the same again....

Stay tuned, my friends. I hope that you'll find this blog helpful as I walk this completely new journey in 2007.

Los Angeles, here I come again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home