As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's pouring in Taipei!!!!

Today, I met with my cousin Cindy, her boyfriend Jack, and my uncle to eat some authentic Taiwanese style breakfast. Afterwards, they went to the 101 and I caught up on some sleep. It was pouring like you wouldn't believe here in Taipei. And it was the first time that it rained during my visits to Taiwan. We met up agian to go to Shi Lin in the afternoon when the rain subsided a bit.

An interesting insertion here... God answered the prayer to stop the rain so I can go out.

It's the first time in like 20 years since all three of them were in Taiwan. So everything is new to them. I'm so reminded of the shock I had the first time I came back here after 15 years living in the US. We're like "soil meat bun" (Too Bao Tze) from the US to them now. Lots of high tech innovations here in Taipei and the food vendors are simply one of a kind that we don't see anywhere else in the world.

Scooters are a big part of Taiwan. Here's Jack trying to ride one. It was a bit shaky in the beginning, but Jack took no time to get used to it.
Wow, people actually live in these. These poor looking habitats are just yards away from the high end places where we live. We were on our way to take the Taipei metro to Shi Lin.


It began to pour again. So Uncle Ted bought us tickets for "The Curse of the Golden Flower." No, I'm not gonna tell you how the movie is. I can only tell you that they spent a lot of money on making this and it shows.

So.... finally, the movie ended. And we went to the market part of Shi Lin to look for other good eats.

Not as good as the one at Tong Hua Street
Good oyster pancake
"Unbelievably tasty!!!" Or is it?

Supposedly, Kevin (Howard's brother) was gonna take us to go clubbing at "The Face Club" tonight. But we didn't go for the following reasons:
1. My stomach wasn't feeling well after Shi Lin, must be the mixture of winter melon drink with the food.
2. Kevin didn't call
3. I didn't call him because I didn't feel well

So I guess God also stopped me from going tonight. Which I believe is a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home