As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Friday, January 05, 2007

My grandma

I realized how important it is to be involved in a child's early development years. I was taken to I-Lan, where my grandma lived when I was just barely one month old (as grandma retold the story). It was the best times of my life. I was little and taken cared of. I was naive, but it was ok, I was a kid. I was taken back to Taipei to live with my parents when I was 3. I was a lot closer to my grandma than I was with my parents. Just the first 3 years of my life, and it was etched in my heart for the rest of my life.

I prayed for my grandma's eyes before I took off and parted tonight because she has felt pressure and fatigue on her eyes since the surgery last year if she looked at things for too long. How I wished that God has answered my request for healing... and I'm still waiting.

In her spare time, my grandma took on many different tasks that require talents and patience. Below is a Christmas tree that she made out of rope.

I wonder how things would be different if she was born at different times. My grandpa passed away 3 months before I was born. She stayed widowed and faithful throughout these 34 years. Never wavering, place her faith in God (she is Catholic), and took care of her children and grand children. How treasured I was, Lord, that she's such a woman adorned with the graces of the Lord.
This is my cute grandma getting ready to leave for the evening's dance class.
A rare photo... look at the smiles.
My cousins: Jia Jia (Vivian) and Wa Wa. When I left Taiwan, Jia Jia was a little baby. Po was taking care of her too. My cousin added some joy for her after both me and my brother moved to the US. How I missed my grandma... and thank you, Jia Jia.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home