As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Saturday, December 23, 2006

First Day in Taiwan 12.22.06 US; 12.23.06 TW

I got off the plane at around 5:47am Taiwan's time which is around 1:47pm in the USA a day earlier. Afterwards, I was delighted to find out that my little stepsister was baptized earlier this year and that my father has been going to church consistently. Still, a sense of why I went ahead with the vacation in Taiwan eludes my mind. I know God has His will for me while I'm here. It's just that I have a lot of not so great history based on poor choices here in Taipei. Even before I landed, I was praying and asking God to go with me and talk to me while I walk the streets of Taipei.

I got to my father's office in Taipei and finally got online. I was greeted with a very warm e-mail from a very dear one (Thank you). Apparently, it was raining in LA right after I left. I found out that it was raining in Taiwan just right before I came. So when I walked the streets this afternoon at the East Section of Taipei, I was greeted with the sunlight. Some might see this and dismiss it as nothing. But I see it as a favor from God. As if though He was telling me and showing me that He will take care of me and lead me in the path of the light. So... finally, my journey in Taiwan begins. Btw, my cell phone no. is 09271-86035 if anyone needs to get a hold of me.

I met up with my friend Grace (from the States, she's back here on a LONG vacation) and she took me to a church that's she's been going called "New Life Cell Group Church" about 5 minutes from where I live. It's a church of young people that has recently grown to 1,500 young members. I met Aileen, who in my estimation, changed so much. Looks like God is really doing something in the young people in Taipei! More about this later as I get to know this church.

This is a picture of Grace's friend as we attended another church meeting during the evening time.
Notice the song she's sharing? Hehe.

After the meeting, I met up with my long time friends: Steve, Emily, and Mei-Lin. We went to a Tea House past SiLin.



This is Moi Chi made with Milk! Very very tasty.

Mei-Lin and Emily. Mei-Lin is getting married! Congrats!!!
Steve handling the tea.
Tea Desserts

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home