As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Visiting Grandma

My dear grandma... she is my closest relative. After I was born in Ren Ai Taipei hospital, I was taken to I-Lan to be cared for by my grandma until I was 3 years old. I was then taken back to Taipei for kindergarden. She moved to Taipei shortly after I was old enough for elementary school and I've been staying with her every weekend until my family moved to the US.

Life wasn't the same without her. It was a tough time for me since I wasn't close with neither one of my parents. I think life in the US has taught me to be less emotional and more independant. Much to the shame of expectations, independance is way over rated.

Me and my dear grandma. She turn 80 years young this year. Below are some of the artistic works that she did. My grandma is very very capable... she learned how to read and write by herself, learn to draw and form Chinese Knots without anyone else teaching her. I think she would be considered a "Tsai Nu" or talented girl in her young age. Maybe even a celebrity. But she gave all that up for her family so that she can raise my mom and my aunts after my grandpa passed away shortly after I was born. I don't think my grandpa ever had the chance of laying his eyes on me as a baby.








I don't know what this is called in English... but I considered this one of the best fruits in Taiwan.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

蓮霧 = 'wax apple' in English.

12:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home