As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Po, we celebrate your life!

I haven't been to Yi-Lan for probably 30 years. Today was the reason why we came back.

This morning, all my family on my mom's side gather before day break at po's church as we prepare for the service.

Uncle Chu made a tribute to po with his sax. We took the chartered mini bus to the cremation location, ate an all vegetable lunch, picked up Po's ashes, for which I was given the distinctive honor, and headed for Yi-Lan.

Po is to be buried with her beloved husband, my garndfather whom I've never met. Lots of memories came back. But Po will be remembered for the life that she lived and how she has impacted my life as she brought me up since I was one month old.








Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home