As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Friday, May 26, 2006

In getting over this sickness...

The past few days I've had time to do a lot of thinking. I was coughing very violently, sustaining damages to my lungs and liver. Coughing blood at times, puking everything I took in at times, and can't find peaceful rest.... I was never this sick in my life. I thought... seriously, I was going to die.

Suddenly, the things that mattered to me didn't matter so much anymore. All the things are now seen with a different perspective. Decisions are made based on different criteria... because I might not be able to make the same mistake twice... it is a matter of life and death.

So now I realized the people who are really important in my heart. The passions that I really have toward my work but were stifled because of unnecessary insistence on certain issues and emotions. How life can be a waste when we let our emotions cloud our thinking. And what it means by drinking responsibly...

Now that I'm getting better (not 100% yet), I'm going to spend more time with the people that matter in my heart. More devotions on the call that God has for me at the work place. And more time alone with God. Here's a quote from Steve Jobs that really speaks my mind:

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

So now... a new journey begins...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) you are not alone on this new journey... press on!

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Donald said...

Hi Esther,

Thanks for your encouragement and... for checking my blog everyday. ^^

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home