As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Monday, January 22, 2007

Ma Po ToFu

One of my new year resolutions for 2007 is to eat out less and cook more. The goal is two fold: save more money, and hone my cooking skills. Since my brother does the cooking most of the times and I haven't felt the need to cook, I have to make it a point that I will set apart the time and tell others that "I will be cooking" so that I can be kept accountable. Well, today, my faithful readers... I decided that I will start with something simple: Ma Po Tofu.

Some of you might be thinking... "dude, one month has almost passed in 2007, when are you gonna start?" But hey, okok, relax. I'm gonna start while the Calendar is still in the first month. And besides, I've been busy. And I actually like to cook if the time permits. Well, time permitting or not, I decided that I wasn't gonna let any of those become excuses. So against the danger of falling asleep while cooking on a "fiery" stove, I went ahead and got the ingridient and started cooking. The result... hmm... I think I like it. For those of you who know me well, I'm more of an "asali" person. And I love spicy food.

Interestingly enough, I didn't add too much chili this time. So next time bah.
The ingredients: Alirght, I'm not gonna list them. Inquire with me privately for it.
Dicing the garlic. Hmm, this reminds me why I liked cooking. Because I get to cut stuff, haha...
Cooking... I was really gonna fall asleep while cooking until the aroma of the dish rise up slowly but surely to my nose. Filling the air with appetizing enticement.
Finished!!! Not bad, I think. It was gone in a few minutes. It feels good to have whatever I cooked finished.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks delicious Donald (I'm starving......~~) I thought your cooking skill is already proficient...... anyhow, you're definitely one of those cooks that I'll inquire of some receipts ^^

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home