As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Thursday, November 02, 2006

A day of fullness... but why can't I sleep?

Today I woke up extra early so I can get to work an hour early and join the company prayer meeting. The day started out with power and it felt very full. After work, I went to the church prayer meeting. It was very powerful. God was with me the entire day and evening. I felt very fulfilled.

However, after I got home from prayer meeting, I turned on the TV and begin looking through my older files on my computer... I think these were not so good. Because the result is that now I can't sleep. My mind if full of the things in the past and I can't seem to shake it off. I haven't watched TV for such a long time... and I discovered that it has a magical power of sucking me in to the point that I didn't want to turn it off. I was admiring the picture quality and, I guess, was thinking that I deserve a little relaxation time. But it did not relax me... it consumed me.

Now it's past 1am. And I planned to get up at 6:30am. A part of me is excited... a part of me is perplexed... about why I didn't make wiser choices.

Such is the struggle I feel... I pray that God will let me enter into His rest so I can get enough sleep for yet another battle the coming day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home