As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday Picnic

This Saturday started out groomy. It rained in the morning. But there is always the rainbow after the rain. And the rest of the day proved to be so much better than how it began...

At 7:32am
My phone ran...
"Donald, are you sleeping, this is Sydney."
"I was just about to call you... I'm wondering how we're going to meet up."

"Oh, since it's raining, we're canceling the trip."
"Errrr... ok."

"But we are still thinking of meeting up, so contribute your ideas."
"Great, why don't we all go to the market and get some food...."

"Ok, no, I already know where this is going..."
continuing with excitement as if though I didn't hear Syd; "... and we can all have a great cook out! Since Rita said last week that she really wanted to cook for everyone... oh, ok." This is when I finally caught on.

Syd: "Wenko wants to go sing KTV."
Me: "Oh, we can go to Cash Box for happy hour then... hahaha."

"...." "You know what, we're gonna get everyone's ideas and I'll give you a call back later."

9:31am
The phone ran again.
"hello, Syd."
"Wake up, wake up, wake up."
(Ok, Syd, I've been awake. But I guess you went back to sleep... so blessed to be able to sleep after you wake...)

Syd: "We're going to Torrance and Bernie will lead us to Manhattan Beach!"

So the rest of the day unfolds as such....

10:12am
On voicemail: "Donald, this is Ruth and Sydney, call us back.. beep"
"Ruth, Syd told me she needs one hour neh..."
"Oh, hahaha, can you still give us a ride, we'll meet at Elin Bookstore."

And then... let the pictures tell the story:

Group pic, we're actually at Hermosa Beach. This is around Noon time.
Sandwitch... yum




2:30pm
Detoured to Starbucks... Thanks to Rita for her generousity. I believe we all enjoyed our latte/coffee/slush/machiato/water very very much!!! Hehehe.

Bernie, your pink shirt matches with Syd's pink drink... hahaha.

4:33pm. After Starbucks, we drove through some very beautiful scenaries of the ocean (Syd, remember to share your photos, k?). And then stopped at the "Church made of Glass." I could've sworn that I've seen this church either in my dreams or in my vision. This will be the church where I will hold my wedding. And I will have doves fly off as the sound of the wedding bell rang. Hey, I can have my dreams too, no?

Now the tough part to find that special someone. But I know that God will provide for me. And I will carve her name and mine on one of the bricks here.






6:07pm.

After a very very very very long run around... we finally came to our dinner destination: Redondo Beach. It was good that the sun sets later after Daylight saving time ended a few weeks ago. So we're still blessed with the warmth of the sun as we share a few plates of fresh seafood and fellowship time over dinner.

This is Fiona, Ruth, and Sydney.

And this is how we ended the day:
From 9:19pm to 12:49am: Cash Box, RH, CA

Thanks, everyone, for showing me a good time today!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home