As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. Psalm 84:6-7 他 們 經 過 流 淚 谷 , 叫 這 谷 變 為 泉 源 之 地 ; 並 有 秋 雨 之 福 蓋 滿 了 全 谷 。 他 們 行 走 , 力 上 加 力 , 各 人 到 錫 安 朝 見   神 。

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

How do people become like this...?



Do you ever get the feeling that people are intentionally taking advantage of the situation?

I have the exact feeling tonight... at the dinner table... feeling that my colleagues is trying to get a free expensive dinner because it's a company paid dinner. Sighs... I don't know when I began to see things this way. Some would argue that "why are you worried about the money that's not out of your pocket?" But I just feel bad... We didn't really have to go to an upscale restaurant like this one tonight, we didn't have customers to impress, and we could just settle for the simple...

Anyways, this colleague has been like this for as long as he's been working. Now he's close to broke, and his job function is almost completely replaceable. And he's 60+ years old... he drove 3 hours in traffic this morning to get to the convention center so that he can do his "job." I guess that should count for something...

I hope I don't become like this... sighs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home